BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Transfer was canceled :(

Only a minor setback..but still a setback.  We were so hoping that it would be this week!  I felt really bad on Monday night, and went in on Tuesday for an ultrasound and the doctor found fluid in my abdomen and my ovaries were still really swollen (the tops of them were above my belly button)!  My doctor said that if we did the transfer and I were to get pregnant that I could possibly get very very sick and she didnt want to risk it.  I don't want to be sick either, but I am ready for my baby :(  So the plan now is to transfer in about 6 weeks after my body has calmed down.  We still have a bunch of embryos.  They were freezing 4 yesterday and said that today they would have at least 10 to 12 to freeze, so we have nothing to worry about there.  My doctor has an awesome success rate with frozen, so that makes me feel a little better.  We can also schedule the transfer for a Friday when Janine can go with me (she wasnt going to be able to go this week because of work) so that is another positive.  I think this is the best scenerio, but I hate the wait!!

4 comments:

twondra said...

I'm soooo sorry about the transfer being cancelled. I do know that feeling. (((HUGS))) I'm thinking of you!!

Crazy Emma said...

Aww sorry for the let down. But i guess the doc knows best and if its gonna cause you illness its not worth it. At least you've got those embryos on ice! x

Kate said...

I am sorry you were unable to do the transfer- but it sounds like you have lots of eggs for next month and your baby will be ready for them. Fingers crossed.

Carey said...

Thanks guys!!